Imaging in June SF Bay Area Imagers · Jerry Gerber · ... · 7 · 76 · 0

jsg 8.77
· 
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

I'm planning a one- or two-night visit to a dark sky site near Stonyford, California at the next new moon cycle.  

The best window of opportunity will be between June 12-June 20.  I'd be setting up in a camp ground that has horizon sky visibility, Bortle 2 and away from the coastal fog.

Does anyone want to join me?   If so contact me with a private message for maps, photos and more information.

Jerry
arispopegolf@gmail.com 0.90
· 
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

I'm planning a one- or two-night visit to a dark sky site near Stonyford, California at the next new moon cycle.  

The best window of opportunity will be between June 12-June 20.  I'd be setting up in a camp ground that has horizon sky visibility, Bortle 2 and away from the coastal fog.

Does anyone want to join me?   If so contact me with a private message for maps, photos and more information.

Jerry

Why don't you just come to GSSP I have an extra ticket! I'll settle for a beer lol June 14-18th Adin, Ca
johnrsims43 0.90
· 
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, I would like to join you, but have house guests on the 11-13, and I leave for GSSP on the 14th. You should consider going to The Golden State Star Party. It's a bit further to drive, but Bortle 1, and opportunity to meet other like minded folks. Not sure how many have registered at this point, but the limit is 350 (I think).
jsg 8.77
· 
Hi John, 

I considered the GSSP and even reserved a place. I changed my mind as I hear it's very hot and windy during the day, it's a long drive and I don't want to set up a tent. 

What I'm doing instead is trying to find some property to buy or rent in Mendocino county. There's still Bortle 1 sites there and it's half the driving time. 

It would be great to discuss this idea with one or two Bay area astrophotographers if I can find the people who have the money and time to get involved with such a project. 

Jerry
jsg 8.77
· 
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

Jerry

Why don't you just come to GSSP I have an extra ticket! I'll settle for a beer lol June 14-18th Adin, Ca

Hi Aris,

Thanks for the offer! Where do you sleep at GSSP? 

I was going to go too but didn't want to bring all my camping gear as well as my astrophotography equipment. There's a few motels nearby but then I'd have to break down my gear at the end of the night...
· 
Jerry Gerber:
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

Jerry

Hi Aris,

I was going to go too but didn't want to bring all my camping gear as well as my astrophotography equipment. There's a few motels nearby but then I'd have to break down my gear at the end of the night...

I'm doing the tent and air mattress setup i always use when camping. And I'll be keeping my gear set up..
jsg 8.77
· 
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

Jerry

Hi Aris,

I'm doing the tent and air mattress setup i always use when camping. And I'll be keeping my gear set up..

Well, now I'm thinking about going. I'll decide by the end of the weekend. 

​​​​
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Aris Pope:
Jerry Gerber:
Hi Bay Area Imagers,

Jerry

Hi Aris,

· 
Nice!! Yes just let me know. My wife had to bail because of a birthday party that week.

Register or login to create to post a reply.