Feedback request regarding upcoming updates to AstroBin's subscriptions model AstroBin Beta Testers · Salvatore Iovene · ... · 26 · 491 · 0

bsteeve 10.80
· 
I work in in the education sector and deal with big corporations such as Apple and AVID on a daily basis with that kind of stuff.
 It does not have to be complicated. What these companies ask for to give you a student discount most of the time is to be able to verify you are a student through some sort of .edu email address.
 Smaller companies have asked me for proof of employment for educators themselves in the past but that is it. This is Astrobin which is a fairly niche market, the percentage of people who are going to be willing to go through the effort of faking it to scam you is really not worth worrying about… But again this is your business not mine, just making suggestions but you certainly don’t have to take any of it...

And yes I agree with you that a pay what you want scheme is not something that will quite work from a business point of view.
Edited ...
kaelig 1.81
· 
·  1 like
I am Ok with your proposals Salvatore.

For the price which could depends of the country, perhaps, you could have a look to the Mc Donald company.
It is not a joke. Mc Donald has made a huge work about this feature in order to increase its leadership in each country.
Some economists use the hamburger price as a parameter in their studies.

For the renewal, perhaps could you add a information banner for the user & send an automatic mail, one month before
the date & one week before the days.

Register or login to create to post a reply.