Samyang 135 with Optolong L-enhance Samyang 135 f/2 · JFrijhoff · ... · 5 · 273 · 0

JFrijhoff 0.00
· 
Hi all!

is anyone using the Samyang 135mm together with the Optolong L-enhance (clip-in) at low f-ratios, e.g. 2.8? I’m seeing things like not all filters work with fast systems, and am wondering whether the L-enhance is a good match for the rokinon at f2.8.
dzambon 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Hi JFrijhoff,

I am not noticing any issues using the two together, even at f2. You can have a look at my last shots, if you want to see the results I get with them

Daniele
JFrijhoff 0.00
· 
Looks great, thanks Daniele! I see you also sometimes combine the L-enhance data with your rgb data. How do you go about blending them?
dzambon 0.90
· 
Either as a weighted average on starless images or by adding the CLS colors to the 2NB stars. tbh I wasn't planning to blend them... I gave it a try as I ended up with two sets of data while comparing the two filters.
daniele.borsari 2.11
· 
@JFrijhoff I just shot the Cygnus Loop with the L-eNhance and the ZWO 533MC, so I was using the 2" version instead of the clip in. Even at full aperture a lot of Ha, but also OIII, can pass through the filter, so I wouldn't worry.
falke2000 1.81
· 
Hi, I used the L-Enhance (clip in version) with the Samyang 135 quite extensively with good results, no apparent problems with Ha transmission (apertures 2-2.8). However, I had issues with this filter and my 6" newtonian, so I upgraded to the NBZ from Idas. But at least with the Samyang, both filters are working just fine.

Register or login to create to post a reply.