What ist the best light pollution filter for EAA with OSC out of a bright suburban sky (Bortle 6) --> 50% LED-lights/ 50% High Pressure Sodium-lights Electronically-Assisted Astronomy (EAA) · Bernhard Suntinger · ... · 5 · 1555 · 0

This topic contains a poll.
What ist the best light pollution filter for EAA with OSC in combination with a fast (f/2) optical system out of a bright suburban sky (Bortle 6)? --> 50% LED-lights/ 50% High Pressure Sodium-lights?
Astronomik CLS-CCD
Astro Hutech IDAS LPS D3
Optolong L-Pro
Optolong L-eNhance
Baader Moon and Skyglow
Astro Hutech IDAS EAO1
Baader UHC-S
Astro Hutech IDAS LPS-D1
Astro IDAS LPS-P3
Orion SkyGlow CCD
UnendlicheWeiten 0.00
· 
·  1 like
What ist the best universal light pollution filter for EAA with OSC ZWO ASI 2600MC and Hyperstar Celestron C11 that can be used for any kind of astronomical object (stars, nebulars, galaxies, PNs, etc.)?
The streetlight are 50% LED-lights and 50% High Pressure Sodium-lights.

Has anyone experience with a fast (f/2) optical system and EAA light pollution filters?
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
·  1 like
I do not shoot at f2, but have used the Optolong L-Pro for as fast as  f4 with what I feel is very good results. It is my go to filter and shoot with it 80% of the time and the other 20% I use my IDAS NBZ filter for dual narrowband imaging.

Dale
FredAstro 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Hi,
In m'y backyard i have this kind of environnement.
Generaly i use the ZWO dual narrow band filter for Nebula and the optolong Lpro for Galaxy.
astrodawg 3.01
· 
·  1 like
Bernhard Suntinger:
What ist the best universal light pollution filter for EAA with OSC ZWO ASI 2600MC and Hyperstar Celestron C11 that can be used for any kind of astronomical object (stars, nebulars, galaxies, PNs, etc.)?

Has anyone experience with a fast (f/2) optical system and EAA light pollution filters?

At F2, I’m not sure how well the L-pro will work due to the angle of incidence at that ratio. The hutech light pollution filters like the IDAS-LPS-D3, have “flat top” cutoffs of the band passes, which is more conducive to F2. When you get to that ratio it does change the conversation.
Edited ...
Findings 0.00
· 
I'm using the Optolong L enhance with a F5 small refractor, under suburban sky, with good results for emission nebulae. Best wishes.
AstroRBA 1.51
· 
Bernhard Suntinger:

Hi - I used to have that exact set up. You'll have trouble with any filter at F2 - The L-Enhance and L-Extreme are the worst. I'm in a bad B8 and I finally just stopped using filters at F2 BUT the L-Pro was probably the least troublesome. If you're using ShapCap for your EAA, the gradient removal tool works ok sometimes (it's an option under "Pre-Processing" and "Background Subtraction"..

Register or login to create to post a reply.