Hans from the Netherlands Introduce yourself! · Hans van Overzee · ... · 2 · 47 · 0

HansvanOverzee 0.00
My name is Hans and I live in the Netherlands in a very busy area “ The Randstad”. Actually it means I am sandwiched between big cities like Haarlem,  Amsterdam and the Hague. My eastern  sky is polluted  by Schiphol Airport and the southern sky byHaarlem city.Usually theNorthren Sky is the best . My SQM is maximal 19,6 thus  I always need my light pollution filter. My hobbystarted actually a long time a go in the beginning of the eighties, when I sold
my sailing boat and decided to buy a teleskoop a  Polarex 70 mm F16 refractor.Until 5years ago I seldom used it, only on holidays to watch the moon and the planets. Then I hadcontact with the local observatory and decided to buy a Canon 600D (mod). In the beginning is was quite hard to chase the Moon and Jupiter Registrax was often quite generous and I managed to get some nice pictures.
The next step was a motor to follow.
The guy fromthe observatory warned me for the Astro bug had surely hit me by this time.The nextstep was the solar eclips in Faroer 2015.
For this I bought a second hand 70-200 mm Canon telelens and made with Baader folie my own sun filter. In thesummer I took my Polarex mount with the telelens to Scotland and I was lost. After this Ibought a second hand CGEM mount and with the telelens  I made photo’s in the Provence in France. An
experience I never forget. In january2017 we went to Tromsoe (Norway) to see the northern lights. After this Ibought a second hand TOA 130 mm F7,7 refractor and then a Lacerta MGEN. At thestarparty in Wateren in Drenthe Netherland I talked to a guy and told him I was
thinking making my own website and he suggested Astrobin and so this is why I
am here on this site. It looks really good site and  I think I can learn here a lot.
Edited ...
carastro 8.04
Welcome to Astrobin
Carole
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Hans,

welcome to AstroBin!

CS from germany,
Michael

Register or login to create to post a reply.