I played a little with the latest 40mm data from @Brian Boyle and tried to automate the post processing of the raw stacks to be able to integrate nice toys like blurX with hopefully low effort.

I created a Process Container that applies effects to a single image and have combined that with an Image Container.

So in the end, one only needs to fill the Image container with the images to work on and then drop that container on the Process container to automagically process all images.

Works pretty well, now we only need to look at which processes to use, the order of processes and parameters.

Current Order is:
GraXpert-Process (Add this to yor repo's: https://pixinsight.deepskyforge.com/update/graxpert-process/)
BlurX correct only
(Full BlurX??)
ImageSolver
SPCC
Full BlurX
(GraXpert Denoise or NoiseXterminator ??)
StarXterminator
GraXpert Denoise

When running this sequence we end up with starless images saved in a special directory and all stars images are available as open windows (Anybody knows how to automagically save those?? Guess in the end I will have to do a script to work arround those details)

Having stars separated from background should make it possible for @James Tickner to better apply his corrections, I remember that some of his magic could not be applied because it changed background and stars at the same time which caused funky star colors....

What I also found out is that MosaicByCoordinates does exactly what it is named for, it does NOT need stars in the image, so it can also work on starless images which is a great plus (I think...)

More on this in another thread that I will create later....

Let's start the discussion and exchange process Icons until we have something we all like!

FYI, on my Mac M1 Notebook full processing an image together with GraXpert Denoise (very slow...) takes 6 minutes, but as it's running unattended in batch mode so this is very acceptable....

Here's my process icon for the process container. Doubleclick it to see the process steps, doubleclick on an entry to the the parameters used for that entry....

Mosaic-postV1.xpsm

Michael
Edited ...