Hello from Phoenix (Valley of the Sun) Introduce yourself! · Mark Ellis · ... · 4 · 69 · 0

Lostone 0.90
Hello all, who is all:
I'm an avid landscape photographer.  About 4 years ago I was bitten by the Astro bug when a friend invited me out shoot the stars one evening.  It was a thrill to see what your normally cant see with your eyes alone.  I have since then been spending my time learning what I can and of course purchasing new equipment to take well tracked images of the milky way.  A few months ago I decided it was time to up my game to the next level.  I did some research and asked a butt load of questions if a butt load of forums to help me figure out what would suit my needs and wants.  I decided on the Sky-Watcher Esprit 100ED for my scope, the Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro for the mount and an ASI294MC for the camera.   You want to talk about a learning curved going from a DSLR with great lens's and small tracker to a full telescope setup.  There is a hell of a lot to learn in this hobby.  Everything from relearning how to photograph, to processing and everything in between.  So please excuse me, I will be asking a butt load of questions here also.
Bella123 0.00
Hello Mark! Yes there is a hell of a lot to learn and a hell of a lot to spend! But your in the right place! If you can't learn something about Astrophotography on this site I don't know where else you could. Welcome and clear skies!
HappySkies 0.00
Head down to Tucson and hang out with Starizona. They have free lessons Friday and Saturday nights until 10pm.
frederic.auchere 3.61
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Astrobin !

CS from France
Lostone 0.90
Head down to Tucson and hang out with Starizona. They have free lessons Friday and Saturday nights until 10pm.

Been there a few times,  Great bunch of guys running the place and very knowledgeable.
8)

Register or login to create to post a reply.