Android app Anything goes · rascarlo · ... · 10 · 742 · 0

rascarlo 0.00
·  1 like
Hi all,
I am a long time avid visitor of AstroBin, recently registered to be able to start the process and request an API key.
I am not good at introducing myself, so straight to the main point.
I like astrophotography and I do programming for a living. So that I decided to build my own little application to be able to comfortably browse AstroBin on my android devices.
I've asked permissions and Salvatore has been extremely helpful trying to find some time to answer my questions.
Here is the link to the app on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rascarlo.astroeye

I hope you like it and I am here to listen to suggestions, ideas and whatever to build a better app for all of us AstroBin users.
Ethan 0.90
That's awesome! Just installed it to my phone.
Edited ...
Hartmuth_Kintzel 7.87
I've tested the app an my phone and it works fine.
Many thanks for your efforts.
The following suggestion would be very useful for active Astrobin users:
It should possible to sign in as Astrobin-user inside the app, to see the own activity-stream and galery.

Best regards
Hartmuth
rascarlo 0.00
Hartmuth Kintzel:
I've tested the app an my phone and it works fine.Many thanks for your efforts.
The following suggestion would be very useful for active Astrobin users:
It should possible to sign in as Astrobin-user inside the app, to see the own activity-stream and galery.

Best regards
Hartmuth

The AstroBin API doesn't expose any log-in entry point nor authenticated methods to be able to complete such tasks. The API is only a "read" access with no "write" exposed code. I can't implement this code because has to be present server-side. I hope I explained myself.
Hartmuth_Kintzel 7.87
So it´s Salvatore to do something to make it possible.  ;)
AstroVicPR 0.00
I was actually thinking that an app should be made. Just installed it and it looks good. Keep it up!!!
Thank you!
rascarlo 0.00
Victor Rivera:
I was actually thinking that an app should be made. Just installed it and it looks good. Keep it up!!!Thank you!

Thank you
TeeJay 0.00
Very well done! Just a little note as I am also a programmer. The "Search by user" is case sensitive which I find very inconvenient for a search engine.

Bestregards
TeeJay
tolgagumus 0.00
Thank you,

also bigger Thanks for not asking for a million permissions.  ;)
rascarlo 0.00
Very well done! Just a little note as I am also a programmer. The "Search by user" is case sensitive which I find very inconvenient for a search engine.Bestregards
TeeJay

Thank you. Fixed in the upcoming new release. Thank you
rascarlo 0.00
Thank you,also bigger Thanks for not asking for a million permissions.  ;)

Only those required

Register or login to create to post a reply.