Hello! Women Astrophotographers · Linda · ... · 59 · 795 · 8

Soundologist 8.05
Hi Carole! From that page you just showed, hit the "back to group" button toward the top left.
Soundologist 8.05
·  1 like
Et à Corine, j'apprécie les paroles aimables!
Soundologist 8.05
It looks like you have the button still, so try hitting it once more.
carastro 8.04
Got it, finally, but going from the List of Forums to Women Astrophotographers leads in the page I posted, what would I have to go back to the Group when I never came from it?

Probably needs no reply.

Carole
Fluorine7 0.00
Now it is 668!image.png
zabelski@verizon.net 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Hello All,

Just saw this group and want to say hello!  I'm going into my third year of astrophotography and have gotten quite hooked.  I'm retired so can spend a good amount of time learning and imaging.  I live in the Northeast, US, not far from Manhattan.  So needless to say, there is a lot of light pollution here.  However, I'm fortunate to have a location at the New Jersey shore area, where the skies are  bortle 5/6 (especially if I'm imaging the eastern sky).  I started imaging with a Celestron 8SE reflector on an Alt/Az mount with a wedge and DSLR, which was quite challenging but I learned a lot.    I now also have a 72mm refractor (Askar FRA400) on a Celestron AVX and do monochrome imaging (ASI533MM camera).  

Happy to join this group, I worked many years in the corporate world and have seen a huge benefit to women supporting women.  I also believe in strong role models and encouraging more women to pursue STEM.  That being said, I belong to a fantastic astronomy club,  with many women passionate about astronomy and physics.  It also includes a group of extremely talented (primarily male)  astrophotographers that have gone way out of their way to provide continuous advice, guidance, and support.  I couldn't have been luckier to find this group of talented sky enthusiasts!

I am relatively new to this hobby, and believe that you can't improve without constructive criticism, so welcome all advice from this group!
ac4lt 1.81
· 
·  1 like
Welcome, Donna!  It's always nice to have a new person show up here! I'm looking forward to seeing your work!
KathyNS 5.12
· 
·  2 likes
Hi, Donna.  Welcome!

You have a lovely portfolio already.  I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.
RIGEL33 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Bienvenue parmi nous Donna... toujours très heureuse de voir arriver une nouvelle astrophotographe dans ce monde très masculin
tommyengele2001 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Welcome, Donna! 

I think it's cool when women dare to tackle the royal disciplines of astronomy.  I look forward to seeing your work!

clear skies Victoria 🪐🌠🌟

Register or login to create to post a reply.