Tripod you use with your SGP iOptron Skyguider Pro · Tony Brown · ... · 5 · 94 · 0

ApplyOxygen 0.00
Hi fellow SGP images, I’m currently using an Amazon bought tripod which is very light and portable but not hugely stable.  Wondering what you folks are using?
McComas 0.90
·  1 like
I have been using the ProAm USA tripod, very stable. I only bring out one part of the legs since I do all my work sitting.  Hopefully this link will work for you or just Google ProAm USA Tripods.

https://www.proamusa.com/collections/video-tripods-heads-supports/products/proam-usa-professional-tandem-leg-tripod-with-75mm-bowl-mount

Here is my setup:  https://www.astrobin.com/gelte6/?nc=&nce=

Van
Edited ...
Astrobird 10.16
I use a Berlebach Report. It's made of wood and it wonderfully dampens vibrations emanating from the floor.
MCAstro 0.00
I'm using the Radian Telescopes carbon fiber tripod, which can be found under a few other brand-names, for when I'm travelling/hiking and need a lightweight tripod.  When I'm at home I'm using an iOptron 1.25" tripod I purchased when I bought my SGP as it's a lot more robust and heavy and it resists the fairly strong winds I sometimes get through the back yard.

The radian tripod is really nice, I'm a big fan of it's build and features.
ApplyOxygen 0.00
·  1 like
@Mike Coates , @Olaf Fritsche ​​​@Van H. McComas  thanks for your time in replying.  A real mix of options with two of the ones I had been looking into coming up.  I'm not familiar with the ProAm, Van it looks at first glance a little like the Berlebach Report, and thanks for the link it is certainly a consideration as they seem to ship to the UK.  However, for ease of potential returns etc. the Berlebach Report and the iOptron where on my list of upgrades.  

The iOptron and the Berlebach Report 312 are around the same price here in the UK both will be a significant upgrade to my current K-Concept (amazon) setup.

Thanks for your insights guys.
McComas 0.90
·  1 like
Tony,

I wish you good luck and, always, Clear Skies!!!

Van

Register or login to create to post a reply.