New Firmware! ZWO ASIAIR PRO USERS · John Favalessa · ... · 22 · 154 · 0

astrograndpa 13.14
·  3 likes
just updated this morning.  Video capture is now available!  not sure what else other than seeing some helpful text here and there.   I hope some of the quirky bugs are fixed, but overall I love this device.
schmaks 0.00
Awesome news! Now just for dithering while live stacking!
balasia 4.02
In the last 2 month I tested a new beta release  which has also video capture and autofocus included. It works excellent. I'm very satisfied with the results.
As I know this firmware was released now.
schmaks 0.00
Does video capture work with DSLRs?
astrograndpa 13.14
I went to my dark sky site last night. Tracking was better under the new firmware, but every once in a while RA Jumped over six in both directions back-and-forth then immediately corrected, but ruining the frame. I took five minutes subs and had to throw out 25%. I am going to try the old firmware tonight to see if the behavior repeats.
schmaks 0.00
Let me know how it goes, John.

guiding after the update seems a bit off on my end but I need to do some more testing.
astrograndpa 13.14
·  1 like
So I put in my old SSD micro card but when I went to the app the message was there is new Firmware and nowhere to bail out.  So I had to go with the new firmware again.  This time tracking was not good, but the above issue was only present on one sub.  I had covered my rig, so that everything was the exactly the same except I did PA again.  definitely puzzling.  back at home now but clouds for a week.    I  have to perform guide calibration more than previous version, in fact every time I switch targets or flip now.  Also, an old issue of guide stars migrating upward has reappeared (which was fixed in last version).  to fix I close the app and reopen, that seems to fix most of the time.
schmaks 0.00
Let me know what you discover! I’ll let you know if I have clear skies enough to test.
astrograndpa 13.14
Is there a way we can provide feedback when we learn more to ZWO?
schmaks 0.00
I don't see a formal way to do so beyond the contact form on their site; however, I think it's worth it based on my initial experience with guiding after the update.
schmaks 0.00
Shooting now and so far so good... no guide errors beyond the normal. About an hour of light and no frames that seem to need to be omitted.
astrograndpa 13.14
·  1 like
Good to hear.  I saw a tip on the ZWO Facebook page to be sure to set the mount speed to 1 in the app.
schmaks 0.00
Good to know!
schmaks 0.00
Have you encountered settling taking longer after the update?
astrograndpa 13.14
here's the post I mentioned above:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASIAIR/permalink/1825855904244291/
astrograndpa 13.14
Schmaks - yes settling takes longer, in fact, even times out...I'm at 10 seconds settling time.
schmaks 0.00
That's about where I am at as well... with timeouts. Hoping to get around that issue sooner than later. it's surely cutting down my total light I can get in a night.
astrograndpa 13.14
·  1 like
clear skies last night for testing.  My speed was defaulted to 5X.  changed to 1X and the guide jumping around issues disappeared.  drizzle settled down quickly to resume imaging.  But guiding was not good at between 1.7" and 1.1" at best.  After meridian flip, there was no guiding at all!  had to manually, recenter, recalibrate to resume.  This is new behavior...not good.
balasia 4.02
Finally the weather was a bit favorable and I managed to use ASIAIR for a few hours too. (I use it with  SW EQ6R Pro mount and Pegasus EQdir cable) The guiding was 0,5-0,7" for pictures with 1200 s (wirh H-alfa filter) and it was the same also after meridian flip.
schmaks 0.00
Anyone having success getting around the long settle times and timeouts? I ran again last night but lost a lot of time.
astrograndpa 13.14
my settling time is better.  not sure why.  I did change to dither on every other image.
astrograndpa 13.14
I'm having to recalibrate my guiding often, much more than prior version.   I cannot set the "recalibrate after AMF" under scope stettings...the slider is non responsive.  So after automatic meridian flip I have to stop guiding and calibrate manually.

I forget to change the speed to 1x often!  wish it would remember my settings.
astrograndpa 13.14
·  2 likes
I should update that all is going so well with the latest firmware.  no more of these issues and multi star guiding is really an improvement.  I'm testing the latest beta now, very stable, a few  enhancements.

Register or login to create to post a reply.