Hello from Carrigaline, Ireland Introduce yourself! · Andrzej Skrobski · ... · 6 · 128 · 0

Thurinven 1.20
·  4 likes
Hello everyone!

My name is Andrzej, I'm based in Carrigaline, Ireland.
I wanted a telescope since I was around 10 - and finally purchased my first scope last week (there was no point waiting for Santa anymore!).
There is so much I need to learn now, but I enjoy it very much.

I've seen AstroBin before and heard about it many times on Facebook groups, this seems to be the best place to store and share results of our fantastic hobby.

I'm hoping to post my pics as soon as I learn enough to capture interesting photos of the night sky.

Kind regards
Andrzej
oculum 0.00
·  2 likes
Hi Andrzej,
many greetings from Lower Saxony, Germany. Astrophotography is a great hobby that I started a year ago. After several attempts it finally worked with the first usable images of the galaxies und nebulae. You will see that you make progress every time. I got a lot of suggestions from the pictures that were posted and from Astrobin forums. Many greetings and always clear skies
Johannes
Edited ...
DarkStar 18.93
·  1 like
Hi Andrzej,

also a warm welcome!
Well I know what you mean: Patience is also not my core competency, but AP will teach you patience on the hard way...

CS
Rüdiger
shootnmskies20 3.71
·  2 likes
Hi Andrzej,
A hearty welcome to Astrobin from Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA. You're going to love it here - so much help and inspiration available in all facets of astronomy and astro-imaging. On other sites, I've noticed a hesitancy to ask simple questions for fear of appearing completely ignorant. Not so here, by any means. You're now with a group of amateurs and professionals who want nothing more than to share their knowledge and images freely. In fact, you will probably open a flood gate of responses to any queries you submit - a wonderful thing because it allows you to progress at a pace that's comfortable for you. The Universe is in no hurry - you needn't be either. We've all been there, from just starting out, to getting very satisfying results.

On that note, it's important to remember one very basic premise about imaging: Improving, and the desire to so, is one thing, but never judge your work by saying, "My pictures are not as good as . . ." That is a fatal error that causes many beginners to give up. Your work is YOUR WORK, as is any artistic creation. One of the wonderful aspects of Astrobin is that it's comprised of a family of constructive contributors, always willing to offer suggestions; there is no judgement here, only the desire to help others along. 

That said, enjoy the fascinating journey of the night skies, and welcome again.

Steve Solon and Terry Chatterton
Impact011 0.00
·  1 like
Hello Andrzej,

Welcome to Astrobin site! I am sure you will like it. You will meet lots of great people here so do not be shy to ask questions. No one was born with Astrophotography knowledge, everyone had to start from the beginning. It is a great hobby that takes patience and time but it is very rewarding. I still remember when I took my very first picture of the sky. It wasn't very good but it made me very happy and proud of my accomplishment. 

Pozdrowienia z Canady!

Grzesiek
Allinthehead 0.90
·  1 like
Hi Andrzej. Looks like we're neighbors, I'm in Ladysbridge.

Looking forward to seeing your images and welcome to Astrobin.

Richard
Thurinven 1.20
·  2 likes
Thanks so much for a very warm welcome! I can tell straight away it's a fantastic community.

As mentioned in my first post - there is so much I have to learn, but so far I learnt that when it comes to observing the night sky  - the weather in Ireland is my enemy  I guess it will make me appreciate clear skies even more!

Kind regards
Andrzej

Register or login to create to post a reply.