[RCC] advice required on processing of nebula images Requests for constructive critique · Stuart Taylor · ... · 27 · 608 · 14

StuartT 4.69
Manuel Peitsch:
Hi Stuart, I have played a bit with your original FITS file. I am also using APP. First, I have used crop and rotate under 9) Tools:

Then I have used 9) Tools - remove light pollution. Selecting just a few small areas in dark spots I got this result:

Then, I adjusted the contrast a bit (set to 0.05), leaving SAT.TH unchanged (you can play with these parameters to see what is best for your image):

Then in GIMP (not yet using PS), in Color-Curves, I adjusted the blackpoint (~15), and adjusted the curve to follow its original track:

At this stage to can, again in Colors-Curves adjust each color as you desire. Here is just an example with a slight increase in blue around the center of the curve (using multiple anchor points):

Hope this helps ...

All the best
CS
Manuel

Hey thanks so much Manuel! Very helpful. I appreciate it :-)
olaskarpen 1.20
·  2 likes
My attemt
I have very little experience with color cameras. I got the best result when I split rgb before stretching. I stretched each channel separately, and merged them afterwards. Color calibrated manually (visually) Easy adjustment afterwards in PI.
Picture.2 More contrast
bin2.pngbin3.png
Edited ...
StuartT 4.69
Ola Skarpen SkyEyE:
My attemt
I have very little experience with color cameras. I got the best result when I split rgb before stretching. I stretched each channel separately, and merged them afterwards. Color calibrated manually (visually) Easy adjustment afterwards in PI.
Picture.2 More contrast

Very nice job! Thanks. In photoshop you can stretch the channels separately in the levels tool, without having to extract them and re-combine them

Register or login to create to post a reply.