How best to sharpen stars GAS Astrophotography Interest Group · Tim Ellison · ... · 2 · 80 · 0

Tim.Ellison 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Hi all,

I've just handed in my homework - M33 - rather late. I think I've missed the end-of-term deadline! Overall I'm fairly pleased with how the image has come out, but I'm disappointed that the stars aren't sharper. I got the focus absolutely spot-on (if my Bahtinov mask is telling the truth!).

I haven't learned how best to sharpen stars in processing. I was wondering whether anybody else has experience of doing that, and if so, what methods they have found to be good. Does anybody have any thoughts or advice they would be willing to share?

To quote Noddy Holder - "Merry Christmas Everybody!", and I look forward to more group chats etc with you all in the New Year.

Tim
JonathanC 0.00
· 
Tim, either you didn't post the photo or I've no idea where to find it on Astrobin... I can only see your post as text. CAn you advise, please?
Tim.Ellison 0.00
· 
Hi Jonathan,

I added my picture into the group's collection, thinking that would do the job, but that did leave things a bit unclear I guess. Apologies for causing confusion! Here's a link which should take you to it - https://astrob.in/9d5zcy/0/. If for any reason that doesn't work (I'm still learning how to do things in AstroBin) I think you can probably search on my name and/or on M33 and hopefully find it that way. Or find it by looking at the group's pictures and sorting on date, where it will be the newest one, or one of the newer ones.

Hope that helps!

All the best.

Tim

Register or login to create to post a reply.