Hello from Brisbane, Australia Introduce yourself! · Chris Jensen · ... · 4 · 100 · 0

MachansKid 2.11
· 
·  4 likes
Hi all, 

I'm Chris from Brisbane, Australia and have only been getting into Astrophotography for the the last year. Always been interested in the night sky and I have owned a couple of telescopes over the years but visual astronomy never seemed to really be able to draw me in. Stumbled across the astrophotography reddit back in late 2020 and started reading about what you could do with a stock camera and lens, and quickly became addicted. Now, my life seems to revolve around whether or not the sky is clear. Loving the technical aspects of it all and really enjoy seeing other people's work as well for inspiration and ideas. Regards Chris
redned54 3.81
· 
·  1 like
Hi Chris,
I'm in brisbane too and have only been doing this since October last year.   As you'd know the weather here has been just impossible with so few good nights, making it hard to gain more experience.
Nice to see your Southern Hemsphere gallery.
Cheers, Neil
Edited ...
Frank777 7.63
· 
Hi Chris. Your story is very similar to mine - visual astronomy moved into astrophotography with a mirrorless camera last year which has now moved to AP with higher end gear. And like you, I'm enjoying the technical aspects, aka challenges. Now if these Sydney clouds would just go I could get some serious imaging time 
MachansKid 2.11
· 
Hi Frank/Neil, Know what you mean about the clouds. I think since Oct, I'd be lucky to have managed 5-6 nights of shooting.
Clearskys 3.61
· 
Welkom  Chris from Sweden! You’ll surely like the Astrobin community! 
Yes, this hobby makes you expert about the weather and weather-apps too!😉

Register or login to create to post a reply.