What prog. do use for Pre processing ZWO ASI 2600MC PRO · Ali Alhawas · ... · 8 · 334 · 0

AliAlhawas 1.20
Hi all,

For ASI2600MC pro.. what program do use for stacking and calibration ?
and do you notice any weird colors around the stars or any stars distortion ?

Thanks
umasscrew39 12.64
·  1 like
I use SharpCap and PixInsight and sometimes AstroPixel Processor.  I have had no issues with star colors or  distortion using this camera except for using the Celestron .7x reducer on my C11" EdgeHD.  However,  that  is not specific to the ASI2600MC pro.
astrograndpa 13.14
·  1 like
I solely use AstroPixel Processor, APP, to integrate and then use it's remove light pollution tool.  then Pixinsight to process.  colors around stars are more than likely from the glass in the scope.  I've seen issues even with high end Takahashi's.   distortion is more than likely guiding issues.  I've found ez processing suite's ez decon for Pix to be helpful with distortion.
Kanadalainen 6.10
·  2 likes
I use John's method above (APP to stack and stretch, remove LP, and then Pixinsight).   Another great feature in APP is the star calibration tool, very easy to work with once you have taken out the light pollution, by selectiong the entire field (boxing it) and activate.  It provides a much more corrected field of colour.  This is testable by using the calibration tool in PI in a parallel process - and I have found the two to be very similar.   In series eg APP's calibration followed by PI's version, the second calibration is asked to do almost nothing, ergo the correction is already optimized.   You can PM me if you like with any questions. 

Cheers,
Ian
astrograndpa 13.14
·  1 like
Ian, I seldom use APP's star calibration tool, but will have to work with it more based on your experience.  THANKS!   Oh, now that I've got a mono camera, ASI2600MM, and LRGB and L2P filters (astrodon), I find APP even more valuable.
menardre
· 
I use PixInsight for all of my image processing including calibration, stacking. etc.
TerryD 0.00
· 
I use Pixinsight for all calibration and stacking.  Most of the post processing is done in Pixinsight also, with minor touch ups done in Affinity Photo.
rveregin 6.45
· 
I have the same camera and a C925 with f6.3 Starizona reducer. I use DeepSkyStacker for calibration, registration and stacking. It is easy (if you want you can load all your darks, lights,flats, etc and click stack to do everything, no other input needed), version 5 is super fast (200 large images takes maybe 10 minutes from calibration to stacking) compared to other software I have tried. This means if there is a problem very easy to adjust and rerun). It also has nice features like sigma-kappa rejection, etc, hot pixel removal, and comet stacking. It handles meridian flip with no problem, you don't need to do anything. I have noticed no issue with stars due to DSS. Here is a recent example: 
https://www.astrobin.com/full/yzxzpf/0/

Other nice features it provides offsets, number of stars, background level, FWHM for all subs that are registered, so you can use that to screen out bad images, and you can click on any sub to preview what it looks like.

The only thing I know it can't handle is different plate scales.
Rick
Moorefam 3.58
· 
I have the same camera and use Pixinsight for stacking and pre processing and Photoshop for final tweaking. I have not noticed any odd star shapes or colours with these programs.

Register or login to create to post a reply.