From Spain to Astrobin: Hello everyone! Introduce yourself! · Daniel Arenas · ... · 6 · 171 · 0

D_79 1.43
· 
·  3 likes
Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel, I live in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula and I have been in astrophotography for a little over a year.
I am not new to Astrobin, I have been registered since April 2015. Especially because at that time my curiosity began to rise but I did not dare to start in.

It all started many years ago with the flirtation with astronomy. In fact since the University (more than 20 years ago) but I got frustrated many times because of the knowledge that I did not have and the fact that in the little starting courses (less than 15 days) everything was explained to me in a very limited time (I looked like one of these chickens eating for fattening through of a funnel) and then one of the outings we had to make a visual disappointed me a lot. There you have all the ingredients for frustration.
I have been passionate about photography for more than 25 years, and astrophotography was something that caught my attention. I wanted to go to it as the natural evolution of the Milky Way night photography and nightscape in general that I already practiced (I even planned a family trip just to photograph the Northern Lights!). I tried to get into astronomy again first in 2012 through forums and again in 2015 but... gosh! How many different types of equipment for how many requirements!
Finally in 2019 it was the definitive one and in June of that year I acquired a StarTracker and took several courses. I put the SLR and a photographic lens and, although the results are nothing to write home about, a big window opened for me. Definitely the visual was not for me but the astrophotography was. I also learned that I'm not just attracted to the planetary theme because of the results that are obtained and instead I love deep sky objects.

Almost a year later I already knew what I liked and I opted for a good mount, the EQ6-R and in December 2021 I bought a refractor (I feel very comfortable with lenses so I wanted something similar), an APO triplet , the SkyWatcher Esprit ED80 (400mm f/5). And shortly after I saw the need for a camera guide and a guidescope. And here I am! I continue with the unmodified reflex, in the future I will invest in a dedicated cooled camera. I take the photos from a Bortle 5 sky.

Edited ...
frederic.auchere 3.61
· 
·  1 like
Hi Danie,
Welcome from France!
Frédéric
D_79 1.43
· 
Salut Frédéric!
C'est magnifique qu'on partage c'est hobby d'une façon internationaux.

-------

Hi Frédéric!
It's awesome that we'll be able to share this hobby in an international way.
Edited ...
justins.ap 1.20
· 
·  1 like
Hola Daniel, y bienvenido a Astrobin! It is good to have you. I find myself at a similar stage of the hobby, and I look forward to what you will post next!
-Justin
Kanadalainen 6.10
· 
·  1 like
Hi Daniel,

Welcome!  You may have a lot of fun here.   So many are willing to lend advice and the expertise is quite deep.   

Kind regards,

Ian
Edited ...
D_79 1.43
· 
@justins.ap@Ian Dixon ,
Thank You so much for the welcome!

Best regards,

Daniel
Wjdrijfhout 4.29
· 
·  1 like
That's a nice introduction, Daniel, welcome! I'm sure you will find this a platform full of people always willing to share their help and expertise. And everyone is looking forward to see your results too, as you progress in this exciting hobby, so post as much as you can.

Best regards, Willem Jan.

Register or login to create to post a reply.