Pegasus NYX-101 Harmonic Gear Mount & ZWO ASIAIR Plus Electronically-Assisted Astronomy (EAA) · Jerry Gerber · ... · 2 · 522 · 0

jsg 8.77
· 
Does anyone have any experience with this mount and the ASAIR Plus?

I am wondering if they'll communicate as well as the AM5 and the ASAIR Plus  together.

Thanks!

Jerry
Marcelof 4.52
· 
·  1 like
Well, as far as I know Pegasus hasn't delivered any of their new mounts yet (should be doing by these days), so it's hard to see any test of that at the moment.

Also it is not known if ZWO is going to allow AsiAir to work with a direct competitor (it certainly doesn't allow to use other brands' astro cameras).
kuechlew 7.75
· 
·  1 like
Well, as far as I know Pegasus hasn't delivered any of their new mounts yet (should be doing by these days), so it's hard to see any test of that at the moment.

Also it is not known if ZWO is going to allow AsiAir to work with a direct competitor (it certainly doesn't allow to use other brands' astro cameras).

According to Pegasus the mount will use the LX200 protocol which is supported by ZWO. My understanding based on some of their reports at CloudyNights is, that they are testing this combination. Of course, as long as there are no customer supports it remains an open question how reliably the connection is going to work.

Clear skies
Wolfgang

Register or login to create to post a reply.