Back focus with Askar telescopes? Askar Telescopes · Tareq Abdulla · ... · 1 · 145 · 0

TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Hi or hey all,

Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful amazing wonderful images from this brand, i have one although i didn't use it yet more than once i am still happy to have one from them, Askar is definitely doing a great job to produce great scopes, and it is getting better and better every time they make new one.

So my question is about using their reducers, do you get the back focus right or still people struggle to have that mysterious back focus done properly? I only tested the scope once without a reducer as i don't want to miss up with back focus calculations, but i have the reducer to be used, so i must face and deal with the back focus, and i still don't know which main camera i will use as i have mixed of cameras anyway, and if i use a color camera where i only use 1 filter basically should i add that filter thickness into calculations without using a filter wheel or drawer?
MichaelRing 3.94
· 
·  3 likes
You have to add one third of the filter thickness to the calculation.
I saw you are using Sequence Generator Pro, perhaps you could in addition install NINA on your PC and the HocusFocus Plugin, there you have a very nice tool that exactly tells you if you need more or less spacers and when the amount of spacers is good enough.

This post should help with details:
https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/astrophotography/equipment/fixing-the-dreaded-tilt-and-backspacing-error-in-optical-systems-with-objective-analysis/

Register or login to create to post a reply.