Picture of Earth's moon from March 29th, 1998? Anything goes · saturnius · ... · 7 · 519 · 2

saturnius 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Hi, this is random and oddly specific. My boyfriends birthday is coming up on the 29th and I want to give him a card that includes a picture of what the moon looked like on his birthday. I know it was a waxing crescent moon but I want a picture of how it really looked on that day. 

I figured if anyone might have one it would be on here. I've also checked Flickr and other photograph archiving websites. Your help is greatly appreciated!
siovene
· 
·  5 likes
I checked the AstroBin database and unfortunately there are no images of the moon with that acquisition date. So the only hope is that someone will come forth in this topic and dig some old personal archives. Good luck!
Supro 3.81
· 
·  1 like
does it have to be the moon? maybe that would help open it up a bit?
andreatax 7.56
· 
Hi, this is random and oddly specific. My boyfriends birthday is coming up on the 29th and I want to give him a card that includes a picture of what the moon looked like on his birthday. I know it was a waxing crescent moon but I want a picture of how it really looked on that day. 

I figured if anyone might have one it would be on here. I've also checked Flickr and other photograph archiving websites. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Oddly enough, your boyfriend was born within 24 hours from New Moon (it occured the 28th) so basically there was no Moon visible at the time of his birth.
velociraptor1 2.71
· 
You can use software like Stellarium and put any specific date for getting view of sky at that time. Add realistic imaging on it for getting approximate view as required.
velociraptor1 2.71
· 
·  1 like
This is a Stellarium view screenshot of the same date.

image.png
saturnius 0.00
· 
Nick Grundy:
does it have to be the moon? maybe that would help open it up a bit?

We both like the moon/talk about the moon a lot and he lives on a street named "Crescent street" so the moon is just very relevant to us haha.
Edited ...
saturnius 0.00
· 
Abhijit Juvekar:
This is a Stellarium view screenshot of the same date.

image.png

I still want to know if anyone can find a real picture but this could definitely work! Just out of curiosity, where does the program get the info from to generate the image?
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.