The Galaxies: An astrophotograph music video Anything goes · Jerry Gerber · ... · 15 · 1008 · 0

jsg 8.77
· 
·  5 likes
Here's a 6 minute music video I made, integrating my music and astrophotography.   I hope to produce a series of astro music videos over the next couple of years.  That's if it ever stops raining in San Francisco...
Jerry

PLAY
Edited ...
Iridiumflash 0.00
· 
Very nice music and pictures.
Thanks a lot.

-Gert
jsg 8.77
· 
Hi Gert,

You're welcome!

Jerry
astroimagery 0.00
· 
Very nice pictures, where did you get them from as they are very good indeed!

Nice video and music but the title is wrong because Orion and others are nebulae, not galaxies. But nevertheless, great stuff!
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
Nicely done Jerry!

I really like your M42 image! Great color balance in there!

Dale
Moorefam 3.58
· 
Very good presentation, could be appropriate as a sound track for something like 2010. I particularly like the Milky Way image. You must have a dark sky for a shot like that. 

Dave
jsg 8.77
· 
·  1 like
Karl Perera:

Nice video and music but the title is wrong because Orion and others are nebulae, not galaxies. But nevertheless, great stuff!

Thanks Karl!

I took all the images from my San Francisco backyard, Bortle 7 or 8.  The name "The Galaxies" refers to the music track on one of my albums that was composed 10 years ago or so.  I know that nebula and star clusters are not galaxies, which is why I put the labels on each image for 5 seconds, so people would have an idea of what they were seeing. 

Jerry
Edited ...
jsg 8.77
· 
Dale Penkala:
Nicely done Jerry!

I really like your M42 image! Great color balance in there!

Dale

Hi Dale!  Thanks! 

I want to shoot M42 again only combine very short exposures with longer ones to try and not overexpose the core of the nebula.  That was my very first astrophoto I'd ever taken.  The weather in San Francisco is just rain, hail, rain and more rain and hail, and on nights when it's not raining the clouds keeping returning, making imaging impossible for now.
jsg 8.77
· 
David Moore:
Very good presentation, could be appropriate as a sound track for something like 2010. I particularly like the Milky Way image. You must have a dark sky for a shot like that. 

Dave

Hi David,

The Milky Way image was taken under Bortle 2 skies, about 2.5 hours north of where I live in San Francisco, California.
Edited ...
astroimagery 0.00
· 
Jerry Gerber:
Karl Perera:

Thanks Karl!

I took all the images from my San Francisco backyard, Bortle 7 or 8.  The name "The Galaxies" refers to the music track on one of my albums that was composed 10 years ago or so.  I know that nebula and star clusters are not galaxies, which is why I put the labels on each image for 5 seconds, so people would have an idea of what they were seeing. 

Jerry

Very cool Jerry! I love how you have combined music with the images you have created. I'm based in Turkey and an avid astrophotographer also.
voloire 0.00
· 
Nice video and music.
The intro was like Kirk and Spock getting the first time on a weird planet, looking around   
jsg 8.77
· 
Karl Perera:
Jerry Gerber:
Karl Perera:

Thanks Karl!

Jerry

Very cool Jerry! I love how you have combined music with the images you have created. I'm based in Turkey and an avid astrophotographer also.

Thanks Karl!  I hope recovery from all the horrible quakes is going better!
Jerry
jsg 8.77
· 
Nice video and music.
The intro was like Kirk and Spock getting the first time on a weird planet, looking around   

Haha!   I never thought of the music that way
MarkAlves 0.00
· 
That's an amazing video; I really enjoyed it. The pictures are great, and the music is so interesting. For me, it sounds very intriguing and mysterious.
Are there more such videos, or it's the first one you produced?
Edited ...
jsg 8.77
· 
·  1 like
That's an amazing video; I really enjoyed it. The pictures are great, and the music is so interesting. For me, it sounds very intriguing and mysterious.

That's the first Mark.    My plan (man plans, God laughs) is to make a series of them.    I have the music ready to go but first I have to get outside to get more images when the rain stops.  As soon as I produce another one I will post it.

Jerry
Edited ...
MarkAlves 0.00
· 
Jerry Gerber:

That's the first Mark!    My plan (man plans, God laughs) is to make a series of them.    I have the music ready to go but first I have to get outside to get more images when the rain stops.  As soon as I produce another one I will post it.

Jerry

Well, then I hope you'll succeed with it!
And I'll be waiting for the next video!
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.