Guide setup Generic equipment discussions · Bruce Donzanti · ... · 5 · 104 · 1

umasscrew39 12.53
· 
I normally guide with the OAG from my C11 but at times it does not behave. So, I am looking for a guide scope and bracket for my Tak FSQ-85EDX. In addition to the notched-out area that is provided, I do have two rings where a dovetail plate can be placed for a guide scope with a bracket. Any suggestions?

scope.jpg
jayhov 5.73
· 
·  1 like
Hey Bruce, The ADM line of MDS accessories is what I use, exclusively.  Anthony has a wide selection of bars, brackets and rings (if necessary) you can choose from.  The are about as spatially minimal as I have seen / excellent quality.  Well wishes,  Jay
umasscrew39 12.53
· 
·  1 like
Jay Hovnanian:
Hey Bruce, The ADM line of MDS accessories is what I use, exclusively.  Anthony has a wide selection of bars, brackets and rings (if necessary) you can choose from.  The are about as spatially minimal as I have seen / excellent quality.  Well wishes,  Jay

Thanks, Jay.  I actually have an ADM dove plate but it is too heavy.  However, I will check back with them to see what other options they have that would be lighter and easier to manage from the top of my observatory.
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
Do you have a/the finder foot/bracket to hold your finder scope for this setup? If so you could put that on and use a 50-60mm guide scope. Thats what I use on my Esprit100.

Dale
jayhov 5.73
· 
·  1 like
MDS series.  It is all small and lightweight.  That is why I use this series specifically.
umasscrew39 12.53
· 
Thanks again, Jay 👍👍👍

Register or login to create to post a reply.