Cameras buying and sampling idea Generic equipment discussions · Tareq Abdulla · ... · 3 · 233 · 0

This topic contains a poll.
Which multi imaging system combination to choose?
[2x 90s f/6+ 0.8x] + [106 f/6.6 + 0.6] + [Canon 300 f/2.8 + 1.4x] + 4 IMX571 sensor cameras
[2x 90mm + 0.8x] + [106 + 0.75x] + [300 f/2.8 native] + 2x 294 & 183 & IMX571 cameras
Something else using two 90mm f/6 and 106mm f/6.6 plus additional scope or lens, whatever cameras of choices including two IMX571 and 294mono
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Hey all again,

I keep thinking about the cameras choices for my scopes i want to use and also lenses, but anything i can think about will be at certain costs so i have to think very careful of which option or which idea is worth it so i don't regret it.

I am having 3 scopes to be my main imaging medium to moderate wide field, but i have to choose different cameras to match FOV, i keep thinking about FOV more than anything even if different apertures but same FL, and then later software can align and match it if possible, so i have different ideas or scenarios to do it, which one do you prefer to do if you are in my place?

1. Using 2x 90mm f/6 + 0.8x reducer to give 432mm FL, paired with IMX571 cameras, and then buying another two IMX571 cameras to use one with 106mm f/6.6 scope + getting 0.6x reducer to bring it to 420mm FL so almost close to 432mm, and using my Canon lens EF 300mm f/2.8 with TC 1.4x to make it 420mm so it is same as 106mm scope at 420mm also with IMX571 camera.

2. Using 2x 90mm f/6 + 0.8x with 294 cameras Bin 2 mode locked, and buying 183 camera to use with EF 300mm f2.8 native, and using IMX571 camera with 106mm f/6.6 and the dedicated came with 0.75x reducer, they are all at almost same FOV, and they are all at idea sampling.

3. Another scenario where i can use my two 90s + 0.8x or without reducer and 106mm and extra scope/lens, i have two IMX571 cameras already [one mono and one color] + QHY294M-Pro which i can use it at two modes, so either two extra IMX571 which will cost me more as then i need one extra scope, or just one camera to what i have and either use what i have of 3 scopes + 1 lens or just buy another scope to insert it there somewhere, after all i want to have 4 scopes [or lens] + 4 cameras, i will use separated scopes if possible.

So with above options or ideas i want to reach the final decision so i don't regret, i don't like 533 square format, and i love IMX571 sensor but they increased the price of this sensor from the Chinese brand i bought before so it means i should look at ZWO/QHY/P1 models which are still more expensive than initial prices of the other brand i bought before [ToupTek/RisingCam], i don't know how long i can wait until they reducer the prices and return back to old prices or that might never happen, and i didn't use my QHY294M really to justify its performance, and going with 183 sensor is kind of downgrading from IMX571, but is sampling more important than newest cleaner sensor or not?

So, what do you suggest? Going with F2 scopes is never an option for me and i am not willing to.
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Ok, i think i asked many times and no answer for that, thank you very much, i will delete it later and just decide by myself one day.
Edited ...
HegAstro 11.91
· 
·  1 like
Hi, IMO you are in the mode of paralysis by analysis. You’ve asked this type of question so many times! The best approach is to pick one and start imaging rather than debate for months and years on what the best combination is. You cannot know what’s best for you until you starting using a setup. When was the last time you actually took an image?
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Arun H:
Hi, IMO you are in the mode of paralysis by analysis. You’ve asked this type of question so many times! The best approach is to pick one and start imaging rather than debate for months and years on what the best combination is. You cannot know what’s best for you until you starting using a setup. When was the last time you actually took an image?

The lest time was in 2022 with one 90mm triplet + 0.8x and IMX571 and it was great, only two targets, because of that i bought second 90 and second IMX571, so i tested and it was amazing right away, last year i got an offer to buy 106 at great price that i can't resist or miss, so i have already, even without testing this scope i am sure it is beautiful quality scope, so i am only asking how i do the combination more than which brand to buy, i can use any of my setup as single setup individual which is not a problem and not something i am worried about, until i buy another mount, and i have two smaller portable mounts which i can use both my 60mm EDs with both, only tests and they are fine.

My plan is and still going about using the multiple setup, not single, i did single in the past so much enough with good and bad results, so i am not interested to keep doing only single setup for the rest of my life, not a lot, i prefer to do multi setup more than single, and i waited long because of budget and buying things one buy one, i am waiting a budget to buy a mount [Harmonic] that will allow me to do imaging more than my bloody heavy mount i have AZ-EQ6 with my bigger scopes, the small mounts i only can use up to 60-70mm aperture.

Anyway, i already asked many times and i did put selections but sounds it is not what others can think of, so i will stop and decide by myself and wait until budget start coming to add the final pieces.

Register or login to create to post a reply.