Starlink? Tumbling Satellite? Something else? Anything goes · Quinn Groessl · ... · 1 · 97 · 2

afd33 4.65
· 
I was blinking through my photos from last night and got a weird trail. I'm pretty sure there were two Starlink launches yesterday, so I kind of want to think it's that. It just doesn't quite look right for that to me. The one I count 16 "flares" and the other I count  21. Starlink goes up in batches of like 60 though I thought.

That and they seem too high to be freshly launched starlink. It took 8 minutes to go across the frame, which according to ImageSolver my FOV is 4d 31' 38.1" by 3d 1' 33.2"

There's no way it's an aircraft because there aren't wing lights and it's traveling across the frame way too slow to be that. I've applied an STF stretch and noiseX on the frames. I'm only going to upload two frames, one from each pass. The first is timestamped at 23:50 local time, and the second is like 23:20ish.

Blink00002.pngBlink00003.png
rajurimu 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Seems to be starlink. YEs, you are right that they are usually high in numbers. However, during 2023 Jn-Feb timeframe they started launching batches of 20-22. There were a few batches with 15-20 also. They call is version 2.0 (mini). They launched two batches of 22 yesterday.

Register or login to create to post a reply.