SGP FAILED PLATE SOLVE Main Sequence Software Sequence Generator Pro (SGP) · Riccardo Civati · ... · 13 · 349 · 5

AstroReghe 0.90
· 
HI EVERYONE

I recently installed the latest version of SGP, now the plate solve sequence no longer works, as if it doesn't see the UCAC catalog.

I followed all the HELP instructions on the SGP page but it still doesn't work.
Below are the tests I did:
-I redownloaded plate solve 2.28
- I redownloaded the apm catalog and it was placed in star ridge
-I re-downloaded the UCAC catalogue, unzipped it and placed it on the desktop.

below the files from PlaneWave site
image.png

subsequently I set the platesolve 2.28 settings by setting the path to the UCAC folder and the APM folder.

then I entered SGP and changed the options by enabling plate solve 2 and putting the correct paths.

unfortunately it still doesn't work, at the moment I'm using the blind solv fallover option but it doesn't work very well and is quite slow.
anyone who can help me?

RIccardo
Perry_T 0.00
· 
HI,

navigate to Tools > Options. Then, click on the “External Apps” tab and move to the bottom of the form to the PlateSolve 2 and 3 area. Make sure that the option for PlateSolve3 is selected (and not PlateSolve2).

https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/t/rel-4-3-0-1265-plate-solve-issue/18349/4

BR

Sebastian
yobbo89 0.00
· 
My plate solve 2 fails all the time for me atm, I think main problem is lack of stars or mount not being star aligned close enough, for some reason blind solve works the best for me and the quickest, plate 2 just keeps spiral searching endlessly..
AstroReghe 0.90
· 
HI,

navigate to Tools > Options. Then, click on the “External Apps” tab and move to the bottom of the form to the PlateSolve 2 and 3 area. Make sure that the option for PlateSolve3 is selected (and not PlateSolve2).

https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/t/rel-4-3-0-1265-plate-solve-issue/18349/4

BR

Sebastian

However, it says that if I downloaded plate solve 2 I have to put plate solve 2.
I followed everything correctly, I don't know what else to do
Perry_T 0.00
· 
HI,

Please check again that you have also "activated" Plate solve under Tools --> Options
"activated" = you must now select plate solve 2 and enter the path to your installation
This has become necessary due to a software update

if you have already done all this and it still doesn't work, we will have to wait for another forum member with a good tip :-)

grafik.png
John.Dziuba 1.51
· 
Hi.  While you are under the hood, consider switching to ASTAP.  It solves much faster.

JD
AstroTrucker 6.05
· 
Along with pointing to the path of the star catalogs. Did you put in your location then hit the defaults button?
Toni_Fabiani 0.00
· 
Riccardo Civati:
HI EVERYONE

I recently installed the latest version of SGP, now the plate solve sequence no longer works, as if it doesn't see the UCAC catalog.

image.png

subsequently I set the platesolve 2.28 settings by setting the path to the UCAC folder and the APM folder.

then I entered SGP and changed the options by enabling plate solve 2 and putting the correct paths.

unfortunately it still doesn't work, at the moment I'm using the blind solv fallover option but it doesn't work very well and is quite slow.
anyone who can help me?

RIccardo

Ricardo.
By chance you wouldn't use a rotator?
AstroReghe 0.90
· 
Toni Fabiani:
Riccardo Civati:
HI EVERYONE

image.png

anyone who can help me?

RIccardo

Ricardo.

Toni Fabiani:

i don't have a rotator
AstroReghe 0.90
· 
HI,

Please check again that you have also "activated" Plate solve under Tools --> Options
"activated" = you must now select plate solve 2 and enter the path to your installation
This has become necessary due to a software update

if you have already done all this and it still doesn't work, we will have to wait for another forum member with a good tip :-)

grafik.png

i have already done this setting
Toni_Fabiani 0.00
· 
Perfect,
I had the same problem with the plate solve after updating SGP, but I have a rotator, and last night I found the solution. that's why I asked you.
I hope for quick solutions to the problem. Sometimes I go back to an old version where I know everything worked.
astroisk 0.00
· 
Toni Fabiani:
Perfect,
I had the same problem with the plate solve after updating SGP, but I have a rotator, and last night I found the solution. that's why I asked you.
I hope for quick solutions to the problem. Sometimes I go back to an old version where I know everything worked.

Toni, I'm having problems rotating within tolerance after platesolve. Did you have an issue with rotation after solving that you now fixed? And +1 for ASTAP, it is way better and faster than PlaneWave 2.
Toni_Fabiani 0.00
· 
·  1 like
astroisk:
Toni Fabiani:
Perfect,

Toni, I'm having problems rotating within tolerance after platesolve. Did you have an issue with rotation after solving that you now fixed? And +1 for ASTAP, it is way better and faster than PlaneWave 2.

I was able to solve it, for some reason the plaque never resolved, the rotator kept going round and round. The solution is to select the reverse spin on the rotator, that alone solves the problem. I hope it helps you.
Edited ...
AstroReghe 0.90
· 
·  1 like
after try 3 times with platesolve, i switch on astap and now is faster and simpler than platesolve

Register or login to create to post a reply.