strange line shifts QHY Users Group · Duczmal · ... · 3 · 154 · 0

cosmophoton 0.00
Dear colleagues,

After months of excellent performance, I noted something strange with my QHY16200A images taken during last weekend. In many images, several lines were horizontally shifted by one pixel, as shown in the following image (5 minute exposure). The shifts are clearly seen by looking at the satellite trail.

http://www.astrobin.com/314184/

Another frame shows two horizontal dark bands. My old notebook (Toshiba Portege i7 4GB RAM) has only USB 2.0 ports (including one eSATA USB 2.0), and one port is used solely for the 16200A/QHY5L-II combination (I'm not using any intermediary hub, following the manual instructions). I'm wondering what could be the cause of the problem, since I have not altered my setup from other nights when everything was running smoothly.
I'm not using the original USB cable from the kit (I'm using instead another cable 40 inches longer). My power source is 13.8V.

This time an EOS Canon 6D was being used piggyback with my FSQ106ED. An intervalometer was used, and the 6D wifi was turned off. This is the only possible source of interference that I could think of. That is the only modification from my previous setup.

Any ideas welcome!

Best,
Luiz
Edited ...
cosmophoton 0.00
Olá Roberto,

Sim, faz sentido, eu havia atualizado o software, mas não tenho ainda a versão V2017.09.26.0. , em que informam que o bug foi corrigido. Pena que a camera está no observat´orio agora e não posso dar uma olhada.

Obrigadão pela dica!
Abraços,
Luiz
Edited ...
cosmophoton 0.00
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.