Hello from Lausanne, Switzerland Introduce yourself! · Cyril Saudan · ... · 4 · 67 · 0

csaudan 0.00
Hi everyone!

After some time spent browsing the site, I'am taking the time to introduce myself to this community. My name is Cyril and I currently live in Lausanne, Switzerland. I'm studying microengineering at EPFL and for about a year now, I've spent some of my study-free time photographing space. I've started this journey with a tripod and a stock Canon 60D taking pictures of random parts of the sky as well as the more popular bright targets of the northern hemisphere. But as everyone might know, this is quite a catchy hobby and I quickly started investing a bit of money on equipment, starting with some older used lenses bought cheap and a Skywatcher SA mount which was quite a step toward better images. I then proceeded to modify an older Canon 450D that picked up dust at home. Even though the full spectrum had been restored, some tilt in the sensor was introduced (my bad...). I still managed to produce some of my favourite images with this equipment for a year, grabing every limited clear sky time I had.
At the begining of 2020, I invested in a ZWO asi 183MM and planned to improve my images even more with it but with the sanitary crisis, I haven't had much chance to use it properly as I was unable to acquire the right spacers in order to achieve correct backfocus. I'm still confident I will be able to use that camera to its full potential soon enough and I will be sure to share my progress on this site! ;)

I hope i will be able to learn some valuable lessons from this community; one thing is for sure though, the amazing images on this site are a constant source of inspiration!

Salutations à tous and clear sky !
astroCH 0.00
Bienvenue à toi Cyril ! Je te souhaite beaucoup de plaisir dans l'astrophoto avec ton matériel, et surtout, le plus important, de nombreuses nuits propices à assouvir cette passion dévorantes! Oui, AB est une chouette plateforme pour progresser et partager les expériences
Salutations depuis le nord-vaudois  ;)
Christophe
siovene
Welcome from canton Zürich!
hbastro
Welcome from Southern California,
Regards,
Dave
DaleChamberlain 0.90
Greetings from the Midwest United States!

Register or login to create to post a reply.