Greetings from a young Astrophotographer and future Astrophysicist (18yr old) Introduce yourself! · Tomás Andonie · ... · 5 · 293 · 0

Andonie16 3.01
· 
·  7 likes
Good afternoon everybody,
It's my first day here at astrobin and I'm not entirely familiar with what's out there and what can be done, but why not briefly introduce myself to this community.

Since the quarantine in the pandemic, I had to innovate with photography and see what I could do from home. Of course I found astrophotography, and since then I have been completely dedicated to it. I love all the astronomical events that happen in this universe, and for that very reason I have tried to photograph all the possible ones, such as meteor showers, even total/partial lunar and solar eclipses, and comets. In addition to photographing beautiful nebulae that we can observe in our skies.

Month by month I am learning more and more, thanks to my own experience, community of astrophotographers or online tutorials. Astrophotography is a complex, long, but totally fun, rewarding and satisfying path.
Next year I will study Astrophysics here in Chile, and of course I will complement it with my photos. A new year is coming, a better year for everyone, so I wish all of you who are reading me the best, clear skies and good luck in your 2023.
Edited ...
Loopy 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Best of luck in your studies!
hbastro
· 
·  1 like
Welcome,
I followed my passion for Astronomy into Physics and Optics and didn't look back for 50+ years. I got a successful career designing and manufacturing optical systems and a happy life.
I wish and hope for you the same...

Best regards,
Dave
Andonie16 3.01
· 
·  1 like
@hbastro. It sounds incredible. Of course I will not look back and continue to give desire and passion to both my hobby and my study. Thank you very much for the message
Die_Launische_Diva 11.14
· 
Hello Tomás and welcome!

A high school astronomy book (with a nice star chart), a pair of binoculars (opera glasses actually) and later, the books of Hubert Reeves and Carl Sagan turned me into a physicist. I didn't ended up as an astrophysicist since I was more attracted at neural networks (i.e., deep learning in the era when the computers were weak and data were scarce). I was fond of computers and math and ended up being more of a computational scientist than a physicist. I discovered that I loved solving problems (even from other disciplines than physics) using math and code. Maybe some day I will return studying astrophysics, who knows!

Lately, I have successfully completed my two-year studies in photography (with a dark room and everything) but unfortunately the pandemic didn't allow me getting enough experience in studio work.

Enjoy your passion for astrophysics, but also be open to other opportunities, since if you are a curious mind there are many temptations out there!

Clear skies!
Gamaholjad 3.31
· 
You taken the best route to fulfil both astro and physics. Welcome to astrobin, its a wealth of knowledge.

Register or login to create to post a reply.