Okie from Not Muskogee Introduce yourself! · Jeremiah Smith · ... · 4 · 138 · 0

5H3RMN 0.90
· 
·  3 likes
Hello from Oklahoma, USA.  It's flat, the seasons change daily, and the skies are usually pretty clear.  I started with visual astronomy back in the early 90's but then my father died and I didn't get back into it until I was a father myself.  I started trying out astrophotography in 2020 on a 4" reflector and live streamed the Jupiter and Saturn conjunction for some friends and I was told I should post more video and photos.  So now I'm on an 8SE and a 90m Svbony with an AVX mount, an ASI533MC for photos, and an ASI385 for guiding and I'm basically the town astronomer living under Bortle 4 skies.

Oh, and I have color vision deficiency so color editing is always a challenge for me.

I look forward to being part of this community!
Edited ...
AstroTrucker 6.05
· 
·  1 like
Welcome to the Community Jeremiah!

I live up Highway 44 in Missouri. Our status as the town Astronomer is similar!

Have lots of gear. Not had a clear night in over 35 days! 

You will find the folks on AB wonderful and helpful. Capture those photons and I am sure the AB community can provide any aid helping color balance any data you capture...

Clear Skies, Tim
javaruck 5.05
· 
·  1 like
Welcome Jerimiah!

I'm very familiar with Oklahoma as both my grandfathers were born in Indian Territory and my mom was born in Shady Point. I'm also familiar with the struggles of color vision deficiency. Astrophotography is tough enough without having to deal with one more challenge!

Clear Skies!

Bob
InterstellarMediumRare 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Hi Jeremiah!
I am an Okie *from* Muskogee! I was born at Muskogee General Hospital in 1971 and raised on Lake Tenkiller (just up the road from Bob’s mom’s hometown). 

I live in Colorado now and have been doing AP for about 10 months. I look forward to seeing your pics. 

-David
HotSkyAstronomy 2.11
· 
·  2 likes
Greetings fellow Okie! (I'm not from muskogee either, I'm off of old 88 northwest of Claremore!)

Register or login to create to post a reply.